Life is bustling and I am still learning, adjusting, and growing pretty much on a daily basis here in Ames. The Lord has been so gracious in teaching and leading me MASSIVELY over the course of this semester!
I follow a very encouraging woman on Instagram named Gretchen Saffles, who is the creator of the Give Me Jesus Journal (Learn about her story and products here). A concept she often promotes that I think is really cool is taking “10 looks to Christ” in the midst of hectic days. The goal of this practice is to take our eyes off of ourselves for even a few moments, to move our fixation from circumstances and stresses so that we can take time to worship the Author of our days.
I thought I could both promote this idea and share a bit of what God is teaching me by posting my 10 Looks for where I’m at on this Monday. I pray this will encourage the hearts of those reading to try this out!
- Jesus loves me. He truly, deeply, sincerely delights in me. (John 15:9)
- His sacrifice is proof enough that God is on my side. The fact that he humbled himself and died for me even though he knew all of my sin shows his enormous love for me. If I ever begin to doubt, this truth will always bring my heart back to the truth of his lovingkindness. (Romans 5:8)
- He listens to me. I can come before him with any and every thought and he will gladly listen. (Matthew 11:28)
- He always works to do what is best for me. The Lord does not half-heartedly throw my life plans together. He takes every detail seriously because he alone knows what is best for me. (Psalm 139:1-6)
- He will not leave me where I am. He loves me too much to allow sin to have footholds in my heart and life. I can trust that he will lead me toward Christlikeness no matter what. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- Jesus will one day return and I, and all who know him, will get to live in heaven for eternity. All the struggles of this earth become increasingly small once I turn my gaze toward this truth. (John 14:1-3)
- Jesus loves me even when I don’t act like I love him back. He is perfectly kind and humble. (1 John 4:10)
- His love and sacrifice are the only perfect example of how I should treat others. I have been so radically forgiven, and I have the opportunity to show others the same grace. (1 John 4: 19)
- Jesus never fails. I do fail. And that’s how it’s supposed to be. (Hebrews 4:15)
- Jesus is the ONLY one who can fulfill the greatest desires of my heart. (John 4:14)
I am so thankful for Jesus and for truth! Thanks for reading.